Use a collaborative platform to reduce administrative burden and improve control & visibility
Collaboration with forwarders is often achieved through phone and email. With these methods, you probably spend a lot of time reading and responding to emails to keep up your logistics operations. According to shippers, this is a huge loss of time. However, a solution to this problem is easily attainable. Alteo, for example, after BuyCo implementation, reduced their number of emails by 80% and increased their customer service productivity team by 25%.
Using a unique platform and having it connect your partners has 7 valuable benefits :
1. Improve tracking
A modern collaborative platform like BuyCo automatically updates you with the container tracking status of your shipping lines (provided you enter the booking number). Various logistics partners (suppliers, inland haulers, forwarders, etc.) can also manually enter their tracking information when they have information that is more updated than the automated carrier tracking. Acquiring a tool that offers you powerful automated tracking with the capacity to manually add updated information, will provide you with the best tracking capabilities on the market.
2. More freedom in your freight forwarders selection
3. Reduce the burden of your administrative tasks
4. Real-time communication to manage your shipments
5. Real-time documentation for your shipment management
6. Improve control and visibility
7. Reduce double entry issues through a direct connection with your ERP